Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pond-O-Rama 2009

We went on the St. Louis Water Gardening Society's annual garden tour this weekend. Yesterday was the hottest day yet this year, but today was very pleasant in comparison.

Day 1
We saw lots of pretty fish on the tour.



Our last stop on Day 1 was this huge set of water falls. I deliberately photographed it with people to get a sense of scale, but I'm not sure it fully worked. When Rick and I walked up to this we had the same thought: someone tried to build a National Park in their own backyard.



Day 2
We seem to like these kind of wide falls over flat rocks.



How would you like this view from your hot tub? Besides the pond, pool, and shelter below, the tree line at the top is just in front of the Missouri River.



More photos on my flickr page.

1 comment:

Nupur said...

Thanks for the pictures....I learned of this event too late or I would have loved to go.
These are people's backyards? I want to move in with them ;)