Saturday, March 28, 2009

Field Trip: Art Museum

Today was our first field trip for my photography class. Unfortunately, we're having "out like a lion" March weather in Missouri (snow predicted for overnight!). We went to the St. Louis Art Museum to stay out of the rain, but my teacher couldn't do anything to give us more light. We all shot a lot of grainy pictures using high ISO values (the equivalent of fast film, but all us students shoot digital).

Here, I'm waiting in the car for the museum to open.



My classmates really liked this one, which sent me on a discovery tour of the museum to find more hands to photograph.



The trip ended with a special event -- a Chinese dragon dance in honor of the Ming Dynasty special exhibit.



Many more photos from the Art Museum on my flickr page.

No comments: