Sunday, October 19, 2008

Election season

It must be nearly November of a leap year (aka Presidential Election Year) if a former president is speaking at the local high school. A friend and I are going to hear President Bill Clinton tomorrow night at Kirkwood High School for the Change We Need Rally. I wonder if he'll be well-briefed enough to address that we're a grieving and healing community.

I'm a little bit more than half way through the book for the Book Club of the Community for Understanding and Healing. This month's selection is Other People's Children by Lisa Delpit. It's a book by an educator for educators. At first, I was worried that it would be too technical, but it's been fascinating. I had to work out the definition of "basal" in teacher talk, but otherwise the jargon has been limited. I've learned a lot. This will be an excellent basis for discussion on Thursday night.

No comments: